Needs and options review
Design Options Assessment
At dion seminara architecture we have perfected a process of architectural services which can guide you, step by step, through a renovation project, the design of a custom new home, any boutique end-user commercial and/or multi-residential building. Our process commences with our Step 1 Pre-Design Service – Design Options Assessment – where we investigate your specific project needs and consider design solutions to cater for current and future lifestyle choices.
The reason we always begin our architectural design process with a Low Cost Consultation, Needs and Options Review (Design Options Assessment or Pre-Purchase Design Advice) is to reduce the risk of changes being required further along in the design process by removing all assumptions and having a clear direction.
When considering renovating or building, this Design Options Assessment with dion seminara architecture is the first step. Here is why you should seriously be considering this service:
- To receive a registered architect’s verbal opinion on the feasibility of the project. Dion Seminara has 30 years of experience in architecture, and so, he will know the feasibility of your ideas.
- To discuss room details, sizes, orientation etc.
- To discuss the indoor outdoor connection and possible external works and landscape design
- To discuss potential solutions at a high-level that encourages on-going testing of ideas – “Design Thinking”
- To discuss the ‘look and feel’ of potential schemes with an architect
- To discuss the functional viability of the project and your ideas
- To discuss the planning and legal viability of your ideas, as well as any building regulation requirements
- To verbally get an idea of building costs and budgetary needs
- The cost of this needs and options review is put towards the total design fees when you progress to the next stage in our 6 Step Process.
A medical professional wouldn’t perform an operation on a patient without a proper diagnosis; this Design Options Assessment works in the same way. This initial low commitment consultation begins the strategy to precisely understand your project’s requirements, so that we can provide you with our findings, recommendations, and an idea of how to move forward with a timeline and budget.
For the Design Options Assessment, a written report is included, which is based on the above points. Our Pre-Purchase Design Advice is an orally presented service only.