Architects Springwood – Home Renovation 080905
dion seminara architecture – Cover all of Springwood
dion seminara architecture is happy to work with clients in Springwood. Thinking of building a stunning new home or renovating a beautiful old home? Email or give Dion a call on (07) 3899 9450.
Springwood History and Architecture
Springwood is about 21km from the Brisbane city centre. Springwood was laid out in the 1970’s so it is a relativly new area of Brisbane. Most houses are made from brick. Queenslanders tend to be modern replicas of the Queenslander style. Contact us today to be part of the future architecture of Springwood.
dion seminara architecture, Springwood Home Renovation
The images above feature a renovation of a 1970′s brick home.
The general requirements for the renovation included:
- Improved fencing and front yard landscaping
- Good light
- Maximum exposure to summer breezes
- Outdoor entertaining
- Modern internal layout
- Improved street appeal
The Clients Requirements:
1. Re-position the existing kitchen and recycle as much of the existing kitchen cabinets as possible.
2. Ensure the kitchen is well ventilated and insulated from the harsh western sun.
3. Turn the front space opening to the front balcony into a secondary living space and/or playroom, which can be separated off from the main living space.
4. Transform the current living, dining space into a casual open plan living area, that flows out onto a new deck space.
5. The new deck is to be almost in the middle at the back of the house. This area is to extend out to the current pool fence. The deck is to be roofed with a contemporary skillion roof form.
6. A BBQ space is to be incorporated in the small section of the existing balcony which is to be retained.
7. The main bedroom is to incorporate a large deep robe on the northern wall.
8. The current robe is to be transformed into an ensuite.
9. The current bathroom is to be converted into a bedroom and the adjoining smaller bedroom to be converted into a main bathroom.
Contact Dion Seminara Brisbane Architects today and transform your home from it’s current state into a wonderful, liveable, desirable home.
Contact dion seminara architecture now to begin your project.