Indooroopilly Renovation Ex-Housing Commission Home
Contemporary Indooroopilly renovation to 1960’s ex-housing commission home
The clients wanted to achieve a relaxed, inviting and comfortable home feel. To also achieve a practically designed family home with the potential to grow as the family’s needs change into the future. To maintain the weatherboard exterior look and make use of energy and water saving features as much as possible allowing for installation of rainwater tank(s).
It now has natural light, breezy and open living areas to take advantage of the north-easterly breezes/winter sun. It has the extra benefit of being a home that is easy to clean and keep tidy.
Details of the Indooroopilly Renovation Project
- We expanded the main living area and incorporated a new kitchen and opened up this space to a large new deck.
- A new main bedroom, ensuite and walk in robe.
- A new internal stair.
- A study nook off the hallway.
- A new main bathroom with separate WC.
- Enhanced the street appearance of the home to reflect the internal and rear additions.
- On the ground floor in the future expansion stages, we will allow for the incorporation of another basic bathroom, study, and multi-purpose space ie entertainment – guest room.
- Under the existing home, we will incorporate an improved laundry, possibly a double garage and secure storage.
Contact Dion Seminara Brisbane Architects and discover the possibilities for your Indooroopilly home renovation.
Contact dion seminara architecture now to begin your project.