Home Renovation Brisbane – 1980’s House
Home Renovation Brisbane – 1980’s House by dion seminara architecture, Brisbane Architects
Home renovation Brisbane in Carina Heights.
Carina Heights History and Architecture
In 1863 the local residents were mainly involved with timber and sugar cane. Land was bought around this time in Carina Heights. Most development in the Carina area occurred post World War II. At this stage there were many housing commission and war service homes.
Today Carina Heights Architecture varies from Queenslanders on large blocks, to workers cottages and luxury new townhouses. Carina Heights is approx 7.5 kilometres south east of the Brisbane CBD.
dion seminara architecture – Carina Heights Project
This Carina Heights home renovation included contemporary additions to a brick home, including new entry, deck & entertaining areas.
The concept revolved around a desire to capture the views, ensure spaces are as open as possible without limiting the practicality of each space. Also linking internal areas to external poolside and new deck area at the front of the home.
Main Points in the design brief included
1. Adding a deck with roof and carport to the front of the house.
2. Maximising the outlook wherever possible to ensure all planning provides open spaces.
3. Allowing undercover parking for three vehicles.
4. Relocating the entry.
5. The possibility of relocating the kitchen or opening it out to the front of the house, with lots of storage and drawers.
6. Improving the connection to the pool area from the main living area.
7. The removal of all amplimesh screens and replacing these with crimsafe type screens.
8. Modifying the outdoor roof structure to limit heat entry but not limit light entry into the house.
Contact dion seminara architecture now to begin your project.