Cannon Hill Queenslander Renovation Design 111102
dion seminara architecture – Cannon Hill Queenslander Renovation Design
dion seminara architecture is happy to work with clients in Cannon Hill. Want to build a stunning new home or renovate a beautiful old home, email or give Dion a call on (07) 3899 9450
Cannon Hill Architecture
Cannon Hill is approx 7km from the Brisbane city centre. The area has plenty of character homes, Queenslanders and post war homes along with new modern apartments.
Contact us today to be part of the future architecture of Cannon Hill.
dion seminara architecture Cannon Hill Queenslander Renovation Design
Alterations and Additions to a Queenslander home
The proposed enclosure of the verandah will be visible from the street. In order to maintain street appeal it is important the verandah wraps around the corner and suitable windows are incorporated.
Existing House First floor changes
The most important initial changes are to create a new main bathroom accessible from the inside of the house. A new hallway can be established through the front bedroom on the south-west corner of the home. In addition to the main area of interest, the also were after a new walk in robe with at least 7.5m of double hanging , this area was to be located where the current study is located. A study nook is to be located adjacent the steps to the ground floor. We will also look for options in relation to the stair and the study, given the alteration needed to this stair in any case due to the increased floor height needed in the dining room.
The concept for the kitchen is to utilise all the space currently occupied by the bathroom and the kitchen plus approximately a 1m extension maybe needed out onto the deck. The kitchen is to include large pantry, 900mm wide upright, large appliance cupboard a large island bench at least 3m long. Windows are to be located on the north-west corner of the kitchen to capture the city views. The kitchen is to have a French provincial styling with marble on the island bench.
- A robe is to be established in the front bedroom.
- The bathroom is to include screened off WC, and a bath/ shower.
- The space on the verandah between the new kitchen and the bathroom will be enclosed and become part of the middle bedroom currently used as the utility space.
- Part of the room area currently used as the middle bedroom closest to the living area will become a utility space or butleries pantry subject to the final preference.
- We recommended the incorporation of a linen cupboard off the part hall created into the middle bedroom.
- The kitchen will be connected to the large deck via some large bi-folding or stacker doors.
Contact Dion Seminara Brisbane Architects today create a Cannon Hill home to suit your lifestyle.
Contact dion seminara architecture now to begin your project.