Architects Belmont – Home Renovation 070104
dion seminara architecture – Covering all of Belmont
dion seminara architecture is happy to work with clients in Belmont in Brisbane, Queensland. If you want to build a stunning new home or renovate a beautiful old home, please email or give Dion a call on (07) 3899 9450
Belmont History and Architecture
Belmont is approx 12 km south-east of Brisbane CBD. The Belmont estate was created in 1876. Over time it grew and in 1901 became known as the Belmont Shire.
Homes in Belmont vary from luxury homes to Queenslanders with massive verandahs, to townhouses and everything in between. If you are looking for a home on a large block then Belmont may be right for you.
Contact Us today to be part of the future architecture of Belmont
dion seminara architecture – Belmont Renovation
The requirements for this renovation included a new entertainment pavilion with guest bedroom, separate terrace and kitchen as well as new ensuite/main bath and laundry.
A new wide terrace was built from the clients existing lounge and dining area. This space has a new insulated and lined skillion roof to maximise light and natural ventilation by taking advantage of the north-east breeze. For a higher degree of waterproofing louvres and an inlay roof were built.
A new pavilion-addition accommodating one extra bedroom and a large entertainment room now flows out to a covered terrace overlooking the pool. The new entertainment and terraced areas relate to the existing pool location and the remainder of the backyard.
The majority of the new windows face north-east and are casement windows and louvres to capture maximum airflow.
- New entertainment pavilion with guest bedroom
- New living area of approximately 32sqm with space for gym equipment, a drum kit, lounging facilities and storage.
- Living space to have large sliding doors which open out to a covered terrace of approximately 4 x 4.2m
- Living space to have a raked ceiling.
- A new bedroom of 4x4m including robe with a flat ceiling.
- A garden area to be established directly outside of this bedroom.
- Bedroom window to have a sunshade and privacy screening.
- New pavilion to be linked to existing house via a covered enclosed link approx 1200wide. Link to connect into current position of main bathroom WC.
- New main bathroom WC to be built off the link along with a large linen cupboard.
- The current laundry to be extended in a northern direction adding additional storage.
- Main bathroom to be refurbished. Re-organisation of bathroom fixtures.
- Re-design of garden architecture i.e. paving, fencing and garden zones around pool and link-unite back to house and new pavilion.
- Addition of enhanced outdoor terrace off main living area. This area to be made min 4.2m deep with a new elevated raking roof/ceiling to mimic your current internal living space.
- New terrace to extend the full length of your current living and kitchen.
Contact dion seminara architecture now to begin your project.